Increase your financial knowledge, develop confidence in your decision-making ability, and gain control of your life through informed money management. Join a seven-week series of classes about money, developed by women for women. The class will be at Washburn University Henderson Hall in Topeka from September 9 through October 21, 2010, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- September 9 – Money and You and Financial Basics, Welcome – Marc S. Wilson, Commissioner, Office of the Kansas Securities Commissioner; Marilyn Stanley, Chief Operating Officer, Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc.
- September 16 – Getting Organized, Cindy Evans, County Extension Agent, Family and Consumer Science, Kansas State Research & Extension – Shawnee County
- September 23 – Banking and Credit, Kimberly Geels, Vice President, New Century Credit Union
- September 30 – Investment Basics, Judy Thomas, CFP® and Kris Welborn, CFP®Wells Fargo Advisors
- October 7 – Retirement Planning (Social Security and other employer based plans), Nancy J. Sumpter, AAMS, Edward Jones Investments, Emily Schalansky, Social Security Administration
- October 14 – Investigate Before You Invest, Kathy Diehl, Director of Compliance; Gail Bright, Associate General Counsel, Erin Hoestje, Associate General Counsel, Office of the Kansas Securities Commissioner
- October 21 – Planning for Future Life Events, Susan Krehbiel William of Coffman, DeFries & Nothern PA