Financial Education

Before you can get a discharge in your bankruptcy case, you must take a financial management education course and file a certificate with the bankruptcy Court. We recommend you take the course now so it is not forgotten about.

Here are approved education providers we recommend:

Debtorcc on the Internet, $9.95 per household (you pay direct with debit card)

Housing and Credit Counseling, Inc., in person, Topeka, Lawrence and Manhattan, $45 per case, either single or joint.

If you choose the in-person class, call HCCI at 234-0217 or (800) 383-0217 and make arrangements to attend. You will need your bankruptcy case number. If your fee is being paid through your chapter 13 plan, take your plan document with you.. Otherwise, pay HCCI the fee for the class. You will be given Form B23 to sign and your certificate. Sign the form and bring both documents to us for filing with the bankruptcy court.

Verified by MonsterInsights